Conference Grant – Edinburgh 2022
This new grant is to encourage in person attendance of Early Career Researchers (ECRs), at the Genetics Society meeting “Functional Regulatory Genomics and Disease”, Edinburgh, 11-13th April 2022.
Who are ECRs?
Undergraduate, MSc, and PhD students, and postdoctoral researchers within 6 years of their viva (exceptions may be made for those who have taken career breaks e.g. parental leave)
What do ECRs get?
- Free registration for in person attendance (saving £80 – 130).
- Subsidised conference dinner (saving £45) – a great place to network with senior geneticists.
- Up to £150 toward the cost of travel to, and essential overnight accommodation in Edinburgh.
- A chance to win a generous Poster Prize.
What other conditions apply?
- Only available to Genetics Society ECR members. Join the Society
- Only available to ECRs who submit an abstract of their conference related research for oral/poster presentation.
- Travel within the UK only can be reimbursed and is payable upon submission of receipts.
- The most economical/smallest carbon footprint method of travel should be used.
- £15 is payable on registration to attend the conference dinner on Tuesday 12th April.
- Receipt of a Scheme A -Edinburgh 2022 grant does not discount ECRs from applications for future conference grant applications (exact details here).
A carer’s award is also available:
£60/day is available to enable those (including ERC’s) with caring responsibilities to attend the meeting, whether in person or remotely. This can be applied for at registration on the mySociety portal under “grants”.
How do I apply?
ECRs should apply for Conference Grant– Edinburgh 2022 through the mySociety portal.
If any problems are encountered during the registration or grant application process, or you have any questions at all, please contact email@example.com