Photograph: with kind permission, Becky Holland
In recognition of carer’s responsibilities, an award of (up to) £60/day will be made available to enable members and selected speakers to attend Genetics Society scientific meetings and events. Awardees can spend this money as they think will best support their attendance.
- The number of awards available will be restricted based on anticipated event attendance.
- Priority will be given to early-career scientists and according to need.
- Awards must be applied for prior to the meeting or event and will be competitive.
- Once approved, awards will be claimable in arrears on production of electronic receipts.
Applicants will be asked to provide:
- Career stage.
- Description of caregiver role. (Note: there is no age limit restriction for dependent).
- A brief (max 300 words) justification of the need for this award.