Photograph: with kind permission, Becky Holland
If you would like to attend a Society meeting but have caring responsibilities, we may be able to help.
What is a Carer’s Award and what can it be used for?
An award of (up to) £60/day to be used as you think will best support your attendance.
Who can get it?
Any member can apply, regardless of age of person they are caring for.
What conditions apply?
- The number of awards available will be restricted based on anticipated event attendance.
- Priority will be given to early-career scientists and according to need.
- Awards must be applied for prior to the meeting or event and will be competitive.
- Once approved, awards will be claimable in arrears on production of electronic receipts.
What should you tell us?
- Career stage.
- Description of caregiver role. (Note: there is no age limit restriction for dependent).
- A brief (max 300 words) justification of the need for this award.
The Genetics Society is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity. We welcome applications for the carer’s allowance from all sections of the community regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, caring responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.