Introduction to Genetically Altered Mice
Advance at MRC Harwell, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, OX11 0RD
Who is this for?
- Animal Technicians
- Early Career Researchers
- PhD Students
This course introduces animal technicians and researchers to the background of mouse genetics and will cover topics such as Mendelian gene inheritance and genetic crosses, as well as aspects of more complex genetics intended to inform breeding strategies in establishing new genetically altered lines.
- After the course, you will be able to:
- Understand Mendelian gene inheritance
- Predict the outcomes of genetic crosses
- Have a working knowledge of the genetic background of mouse strains
- Understand how to maintain the genetic integrity of inbred lines
- Plan breeding schemes with consideration of the minimum number of animals required
- Perform multiple allele inheritance calculations Understand how genetically altered lines can be established using modern transgenic technologies