Healthy Ageing (Virtual)
Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, CB10 1RQ, UK
Owing to the ongoing situation with covid-19, this event will be organised as a virtual conference.
The third conference in this series will focus on recent discoveries and current challenges in ageing research, with a focus on translating basic research insights into health improvement for older people.
Ageing can lead to declining health and function, and it is the major risk factor for cancer, neurodegenerative and cardiovascular disease. We aim to explore the mechanisms of ageing in cells, tissues and organisms in order to identify interventions that can ameliorate its negative effects.
The conference will focus on how recent developments in cell- and immune-senescence, neuroinflammation, stem cells and epigenetics are leading to an increased understanding of the ageing process. This year’s meeting will also highlight research into the ageing brain and nervous system and discuss lifestyle interventions for health improvement.
The meeting is aimed at scientists, clinicians and drug developers involved in research into ageing and other relevant fields..
Topics will include:
- Health interventions
- Cellular homeostasis
- The ageing brain / nervous system
- Cellular senescence
Wellcome Connecting Science
- Judith Campisi – Buck Institute for Research on Aging, USA
- Darren Baker – Mayo Clinic, USA
- Peter de Keizer – University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Elke Deuerling – University of Konstanz, Germany
- Judith Frydman – Stanford University, USA
- Daniela Kaufer – University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Jonathan Kipnis – University of Virginia, USA
- Ellen Nollen – University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Thomas Nystrom – University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Jose Ordovas – USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, USA
- Lena Pernas – Max Plank Institute for Biology of Ageing, Germany
- Manuel Serrano – IRB Barcelona, Spain
- Gerald Shadel – Salk Insitute, USA
- Rebecca Taylor – MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, UK
- Elcin Unal – University of California, Berkeley, USA