DNA to Disease: Genetics for Beginners
Advance at MRC Harwell, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, OX11 0RD
What is a gene? What is DNA? How do these make proteins? What goes wrong and causes disease in the human body? We will look at the genetic code, how this helps protein formation as well as how errors in DNA can lead to disease.
Who is this for?
- Animal technicians
- Technical staff
- Those who are new to genetics
After this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of DNA and how traits are inherited from one generation to the next
- Understand what genes are and how they code for different proteins
- Understand the role of different proteins in making different cell types
- Understand some of the processes by which genetic disease can occur