Advanced Mouse Genetics
Advance at MRC Harwell, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, OX11 0RD
This course explores more complex genetics topics, including multiple allele crosses, complex disease models and will inform breeding strategies and experimental design rather than give a complete guide to the molecular biology. Our team of experienced trainers will support you to examine how different modification lead to different breeding strategies, the importance of genetic consistency and integrity, different modes of inheritance and troubleshooting of reproducibility.
Who is this for?
- Senior animal technicians
- Colony managers
After the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the foundations of mouse genetics and its use in biomedical research
- Have a working knowledge of the genetic background of mouse strains
- Understand how to maintain the genetic integrity of inbred lines
- Predict the outcomes of genetic crosses involving multiple alleles
- Understand the fundamentals of different methods that give rise to Genetically Altered mice strains
- Understand how Genetically Altered lines can be established from modern transgenic technologies
- Troubleshoot breeding and colony maintenance issues
- Nomenclature and access to international mouse resources