Regular (e.g. annual) funding is available for genetics research communities who wish to run regular series of meetings. Current examples include Arabidopsis, E-ACGT (Edinburgh Alliance for Complex Trait Genetics), POP Group (Population Genetics Group) and the Zebrafish Forum. Meetings should be based in, or have strong links with, the UK.
1) Members may submit New Sectional Interest group applications at any time of the year and we encourage members to submit at least three months in advance of their event to allow the application to be reviewed. Applications will be sent to the Scientific Meetings Secretary for review at the beginning of each month.
2) The application will be circulated to the full committee for review. The review will
cover suitability of the meeting for Genetics Society sponsorship and level of support requested.
3) The committee will be asked to respond within two weeks and the Society aims to respond to requests within four - six weeks.
All applications for funding should be submitted using the online application form:
Please click here to apply for a Genetics Society Grant
The award of Genetics Society support will be subject to review of applications by the committee and subject to the following conditions:
1) The sponsorship of the Genetics Society must be mentioned in all pre-meeting publicity (e.g. posters, flyers, website). It should also be acknowledged in the meeting programme booklet. It is understood that wherever possible, the meeting should be advertised as ‘A Genetics Society Meeting’, However, where the Society’s financial contribution support is only partial, and where this formula of words would conflict with the interests of other sponsors, it is acceptable for the meeting to be advertised as a ‘Genetics Society-Sponsored Meeting’.
2) A brief statement, indicating how you have addressed the diversity guidelines or explain why you could not conform to the guidelines will be required.
Appropriate representation of women as invited Speakers is required, and will be monitored by the Society. Organizers must:
Other pages in the Funding section that you may be interested in: