ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Friday April 4th 2014, Royal Society London
1. Minutes of previous General Meeting (Friday, 19 April 2013); matters arising
2. President's Report
3. Honorary Treasurer's Report
4. Honorary Secretary's Report and Business for Transaction
a) Genetics Society Medal 2015: Alan Ashworth (Institute of Cancer Research, London)
b) Balfour Lecture 2015: Ben Lehner (Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain)
c) JBS Haldane Lecture 2015: no nominations received
d) The Mary Lyon Medal: Loeske Kruuk (University of Edinburgh, UK)
Applications for new membership
e) Election of new members
f) Election of new Executive sub-Committee officers
i. Scientific Meetings Secretary
g) Election of new ordinary Committee members
i. Area E (Evolutionary, ecological and population genetics)
ii. Area F (Corporate genetics and biotechnology)
Motions 4(f)-(h) on the 2014 AGM Agenda require approval by the Membership.
Society members unable to attend the 2013 AGM in person are being invited to Vote online at: http://services.portlandpress.com/gts/vote/
Online voting will close on Tuesday 1st April 2014 at 5pm.
The motions to be voted on in this way include agenda items 4(f-h)
Item 4(f) Election of new members Please refer to the proposed list of new members posted on the Genetics Society website: http://services.portlandpress.com/gts/vote/
If you have specific and serious objections to the election of any of the NEW members being proposed for membership, then you should contact the Society’s President Enrico Coen (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly and without delay.
Items 4(g, h). Committee and Executive sub-Committee ballots
The Society's Committee has proposed the following nominations for Committee and Exec sub-Committee positions that fall vacant in April 2014. All members of the Genetics Society in good standing are eligible to nominate individuals to these posts. Posts are normally held for four years, unless otherwise indicated. Information about individual nominees can be found at: URL to follow
Item 4(g). Executive sub-Committee ballot
1. Dominique Kleyn (Bioindustry Association): Scientific Meetings Secretary, to replace Dirk-Jan de Koning.
Proposer: Dirk-Jan de Koning; Seconder: Kay Boulton
Item 4(h). Committee ballot
2. 2. Mark Jobling (Leicester): Committee member Area “E” (Evolutionary, ecological and population genetics), to replace Matthew Hurles. Proposer: Rebecca Oakley; Seconder: Jon Slate
3. Richard Flavell FRS CBE (London): Committee member Area ‘F’ (Corporate genetics and biotechnology), to replace John Whittaker. Proposer: Enrico Coen; Seconder: Ian Henderson
To download a copy of this agenda please click here.
The Genetics Society
Other pages in the About section that you may be interested in: